You can access the virtual data room as well as the centralized document repository at any time, 365 days a year, regardless of your location.
The Main Advantages of Centralized Document Repository Over Data Room
A centralized document repository is a set of web-based services for effective business management that help you save time and optimize your company’s business processes. The set of services consists of libraries of ready-made modules, a system for fast modeling and visualization of documents, an API for working with external applications and systems. The system works with electronic documents in accordance with the Legislation in the field of Electronic Document Management and Trade.
The main advantages of centralized document repository over virtual data room are:
- Ease of access.
- Centralized storage of documents.
- Creation of individual templates for documents and processes.
- Registration of internal, incoming, and outgoing documents.
- Document Wizard.
- Security and access rights.
- Creation, management, and control of the execution of tasks.
- Discussion and communication between system users.
- Electronic digital signature.
- Secretary function.
- Sharing data with external partners or customers.
- Multiplayer system with unlimited.
- The number of access levels and departments.
The system of centralized document repository is designed to automate the following tasks:
- Organization of storage and use of archival technical documentation in electronic form, document logistics management (based on a barcode with an identifier).
- Automated accounting of receipts of technical documentation in accordance with the requirements of state standards.
- Input and placement in electronic storage of documents by scanning (streaming scanning) and collection from file directories and other information systems that process and create technical documents.
- Description of documents by target attributes (including with recognition of attributes), structure, and subject matter.
- Systematization, cataloging (creating a filing cabinet of documents), and multilevel linking of documentation in accordance with the required storage hierarchy, presentation topic, and other logical features.
Why Should You Choose VDR Over a Centralized Document Repository?
As part of the business processes of any industrial enterprise, a huge archive of technical documentation is accumulated, both in paper form and in the form of electronic drawings and models of various formats. Basically, this is the documentation for manufactured products at all stages of the production process (from design and technical testing to repair and disposal), as well as for industrial facilities owned by the enterprise.
These documents are constantly used for the work of both individual departments and the enterprise as a whole, representing the accumulated corporate knowledge that helps to reduce costs and improve production processes. However, technical documents require a lot of space to store heterogeneous technical information, as well as to maintain it constantly. Design information systems and product lifecycle management systems are not focused on solving such problems.
There are some main reasons for choosing a virtual data room over a centralized document repository:
- The ability to store internal and external company documents.
- Filtering data by various attributes of system objects.
- The convenience of sorting and searching data.
- Individual settings for filters and data display in various sections of the system.
Foreign experience in the field of intellectual property protection and domestic experience in protecting state secrets shows that only comprehensive protection can be effective, combining such areas of protection as legal, organizational, and engineering. The legal direction provides for the formation of a set of legislative acts, regulatory documents, provisions, instructions, guidelines, the requirements of which are mandatory within the scope of their activities in the information security system